Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Ribbit, Ribbit.

I'm sure not everyone knits like me. I'm positive of it. Every knitter has a different style.

But explain to me how you think you can stretch between 14 and 18 inches of pattern of 24" circular needles. You can stretch the stitches as far apart as you'd like, but it's either not going to happen or it's going to make for some uncomfortable knitting.

In my case: very uncomfortable.

The end circumference of the ribbed portion of the hat would've been anywhere between 14 inches and 18. Trying to force that circumference over 24" circular needles and then trying to do cables every 6 stitches? Not going to fly. Malabrigo was not having it.

~~~

Oh, Malabrigo, you were going to be a beautiful slouchy beret. This wasn't your fault. The woman who created the pattern is apparently out of her mind. Not everyone is good with math, don't blame her, pretty Malabrigo. She didn't mean to make you have to swim through the frog pond. No yarn as beautiful as you wants to ever have to swim through the frog pond, but it's a part of life, we have to deal with it and move on.

~~~

I'm modifying the pattern to start with 16" circular needles, and then moving onto the 24" after the increases, and then down to the DPNs for the final stages of the decreasing. I learned my lesson, I modified the pattern, and I'm moving on. Now I just need to get my hands on some 16" US size 9 circular needles, and US size 9 DPNs..

~~~

That makes for a total of 2 projects I've frogged today -sighs- Did I mention how sad frogging makes me? Answer: a wee bit heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.