Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MY PACKAGES CAME IN!

Grandpa: "Hey, Alex?"
Me: "Yeah.."
Grandpa
: "I've got some packages for you."

Me
: "Yeah, uhh, thanks -- Wait, WHAT?!" -sprints down stairs- "These weren't supposed to get here until Friday! *squeals*"


I am officially convinced that some days, everything seems to go right. Like today for example: I finally got my yarn. And it confirmed what I already knew for the most part: I love yarn. Some might call it an irrational love, but it's love just the same. I love getting the shipments in, I love photographing it for blogging purposes, and I love feeling it's softness.


This is Elann Incense in Brick. It's a smidge darker in real life, but just as beautiful. It's 50% wool, 25% silk, and 25% bamboo for all less than $5 a ball! It's incredibly soft, and preeettyy :)

This would be the Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in Potting Soil Mix. It's a bit darker than in the picture, but not by much. (apparently my camera doesn't photograph yarn well, darn) I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it yet, but I think it will require more than one hank, it's teeny.
I've already decided to get 6 more hanks and turn this into the February Lady Sweater. It's pretty must a done deal. it's fluffy, soft, and pretty much love in a hank. And it's
such a beautiful color.

Okay, it looks gray (which is weird) when it's actually a deep forest green. It seems like a nice, sturdy yarn. And it's smoooooth.



This is the beginning of a beautiful stash :) Now all I'm waiting for is the lone package with the ingredients to the slouchy beret I can't wait to cast on.

1 comment:

  1. The bottom picture is the most accurate color-wise of all the yarns.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.