Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I think I may need reading glasses :/

I quickly learned that I am so not capable of reading a pattern off my computer. All the little abbreviations all start to mesh together and it gives me a headache(kind of, but not really though). So then I put up a post-it note on the computer under the line of the pattern I was working on, but then I started forgetting what line I was on since the pattern was like "Row(s) 1, 3, 5, 7.." and I got a wee bit confused.

Want to know how I fixed it? I found a blank notebook, and decided to write the pattern down in a way that (a) didn't confuse me, and (b) was super easy to read. I. Am. A. Genius. (probably not since I'm sure that someone has done this kind of thing before, but whatever, I am proud of myself)

~~~

I decided that since I got my yarn today I might as well cast on for Serpentina, and I did. The pattern requires US 7 needles, which I'm sure I had since I have a million pairs of knitting needles, and I went off to search for the pair I needed. I came back in shock because I had one lone US 7 needle. Pffft, what the heck! I have plenty of 8's and plenty of 6's, where on earth did the other 7 go? Where did all the 7's go for that matter? Oh well. I ended up deciding to use Us 6 needles, and I'm glad I did.

~~~

I finished the first Section 1, and it's going really well. I know what all the little abbreviations mean, and I know how to do them (done them before, actually, but that's another story) so I think this is going to be a great first real project! I'm really excited.

I am slightly scared that this scarf is going to end up being 9 ft. long like that pattern says, but I figure I might just end it short. Or not, if I don't then I can wrap it loosely around my neck more then once, which will be nice and cozy.

^^^ It's what I have so far, and I know it looks wimpy right now, but it was achieve greatness someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.