Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I taught a teenage boy how to knit, hear me roar.

I've taught my friends how to knit. I've helped them successfully resolve their knitting issues. And I pride myself on being a pretty decent knitting coach.


So when I was told by I boy in my youth group (yes, a real, live, breathing, testosterone-filled boy) that he wanted me to teach him how to knit, I was freaking ecstatic.



We decided I'd teach him at the church lock-in, because teaching someone how to knit is best done in the middle of the night with bad lighting. Yeah.. uhh, no.

Anyways, he went out and bought yarn and needles. (He thought he could use 36" circulars to knit himself a hat. It was hilarious. I ended up trading him those 36" needles for some 16" that would work out so much better.) He already knew how to create a slip knot. I helped him decipher a yarn label. We measured the circumference of his head, and I taught him how to cast on.

Easy as pie I tell you.

Due to the fact that we were in a pretty constant state of either running around or sleeping, I didn't get much of a chance to teach him how to knit, but I'll help him out at the next church service.

I'm so proud of myself :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.