Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm back at last.

Oh, goodness, it's been a very long time since I've posted a knitting blog. To be exact, it'll be a month tomorrow. (To who ever reads this, sorry man. I've got a much cooler non-knitting blog that I update frequently. You can read that if you want to.)


I suppose I took a break from knitting. Not that I disliked the knitting, oh no, I still love knitting, but there's been school. And drama. And family emergencies. And homework. All of which have taken up significant amounts of knitting time. But I am vowing here and now to break the cycle and start knitting whenever possible.

I will be starting up on Serpentina. (Last time it almost drove me to insanity. This time, I will stand strong and I will conquer that stupid scarf.)

I'm taking the plunge. I'm diving in head first. I'm doing what every knitter has to do to really become a Knitter. (Or at least get a head start. I still have to tackle lace, Fair Isle, Entrelac, Entarsia, etc.)

I'm going to knit socks.

Yes, I know, socks. Turning heels and grafting toes, not to mention a wee bit of 2x2 ribbing(which I've already shown my severe distaste for). I went out today, bought sock yarn and DPNs and I am going to do this.

First, I have to knit a swatch. I hate knitting swatches, but I must do it to get a good start on my sock or else this may end badly.


At the moment, I've got a nauseating amount of Geometry homework to do, but I'll keep you posted(on the knitting, not the homework).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.