Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Plum yarn.

I casted on for a cowl yesterday with the beautiful purple yarn I found and decided it wasn’t working for me and frogged it today.

Oh, frogging. I means ripping out your knitting to re-do it or do something else with the yarn. Whatever, it means taking the stitches off the needles and pulling them out.

Like.. Ripping it out. Rip it, rip it. Kinda sounds like ribbit ribbit, right? I don’t know the full story, but something along those lines is what started the term “frogging” and it stuck.

Gotta love cool knitting lingo. (I wrote this just for you, Sami.)


Oh, back to the almost-cowl. I was in Joanns when a single skeins of bright plum yarn practically jumped out at me and forced itself into my basket. Seriously. It was made for me. I desperately looked and searched and hunted for another skein, but there wasn't one. I had gotten the last one. It was a radiant color, it was a fantastic weight, it's 4 ply, and it is sooooooft. I clutched it tight and practically sprinted to the check-out counter.

I instantly knew it had to be cuddled around my neck at all times. So, I figured, why not a cowl? I grabbed some circular needles that should work and heading home.

I cast on 150 stitches, decided 5x5 (don't ask why 5x5, it seemed like a good idea at the time) ribbing, and starting knitting.

I instantly hated it. The magnificent plum yarn was not feeling it either, so I frogged it. And now I'm back to square one. What on earth to I do with this yarn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.