Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 2: a good start on my stashbusting project, and some very hot FO action.

I finished my hat. My first cable project. I finished it in 3 days. Well, technically, one night, one day, and a morning. (So if you want to add it up, it's really only 2 days.) I did the Snowdrift hat by Alex Tinsley. I followed the pattern except for turning the 1x1 rib into a 2x2 rib, and I used a super bulky instead of a chunky. It's dense and warm and I love it. My only real beef is the yarn. If you tugged at it a little to hard, it just ripped apart. And it was filled with vegetable matter. And the second skein had random spots of black on it. Like, say, the yarn was on the ground and someone stepped in it with dirty shoes. In the end, I love it. It's exactly what I wanted out of this yarn.

~~~


I turned this (Sorry for the crappy quality. Cell phone picture and at night, yeah.. The sad part is that this wasn't even all of it.):



Into this:



And this:


I took all of my yarn, every bit of it (in the bins, on the bookshelf, out of my knitting bag, etc.) and put it all on my bed. I gabbed some patterns I like, got the yarn I wanted to pair with the pattern, and put them in bags. I was up until 11 last night making a ton of kits and then threw them in the huge laundry basket I have. This way, I can grab a bag when I'm done with my project, and power through a new project. (I'm really excited about this, I think it will make my yarn diet easier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.