Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Socks: Episode 1

I belong to the Prescott Knitters group on Ravelry. I've chatted with the moderator and I've been wanting to go to their meet-ups on Thursdays for a while now but couldn't find the time between finals and the holidays. And then they started a Saturday meet-up at this place called Method Coffee way out on Willow Creek out by the Ford dealership.

It was great. I met the moderator, Katie, first and then maybe half an hour later Allee (Katie's friend) came in. Allee is hilarious. She's this super outspoken woman who tells all of these hilarious stories. Katie is very sweet and open and totally cool. We all talked and laughed and drank coffee for 2 hours before we all parted ways. It was nice to just sit and talk about knitting with people who love it as much as you do.

Oh, and I got talked into knitting socks. I have sock yarn, and I do like portable projects, so all I needed was some DPNs. I went to my LYS and found some bamboo ones, which I was bummed about since I usually hate bamboo needles, but these aren't so bad. I came home, knit a makeshift swatch and CO. I got thorough about a row and a half before I decided I had to rewind my ball of yarn and blah blah blah it got tangled and I had to frog what part of sock I did have and now I'm back to square one. Craaaaaaap. Oh well, I'll take what little I did learn (like that you should decide if you want to use 3 or 4 DPNs before you actually start working on your project, or that you should not use a ton of huge stitch markers because they just complicate things) and CO again tonight.



Oh, and if you're a knitter in Prescott, you should come to one of the meetings some time. They're fun. There's one Thursday nights from 5:30 to 7 at the Starbucks on Gail Gardner (by Joann and Walmart), and there's one at Method Coffee on Willow Creek on Saturdays from 1-4 (you don't have to be there the whole time, you can stay as long or as short as you want).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.