Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It has FINALLY stopped snowing.

I'm doing Ravelympics this year. I figured: Why not? Any excuse to force myself to finish something.

I'm going to knit Serpentina, a scarf with a pretty simple lace pattern. It's easy, so why am I doing it? BECAUSE THE PATTERNS CALLS FOR 4 SKEINS OF YARN AND THE SCARF ENDS UP BEING 40 MILLION FT. LONG.


Here's my problem. I adore long scarves, but I do not have the attention-span for them. I barely have the attention-span for a hat or a cowl, but a huge ass scarf? No way. I happen to love this scarf though, and I want it very badly, and so I'm going to force myself to knit the whole thing in 2 weeks. I'm pretty excited.

~~~

There was a freak snow storm here for the past week, and we got 2 consecutive days off from school. That's never happened, ever. (Our district is remarkably stingy about snow days.)

I watched a lot of TV. I downloaded a lot of free patterns off of Ravelry (and quite a few not-free ones). I also knit. A lot. I got a hat and a neck warmer finished and blocked, and I started 2 socks (one of which has a good portion of the leg done). That's a lot of knitting in a short period of time.

I feel so accomplished.

~~~

I'm no longer wasting my money on yarn.

I am now learning how to waste all of my money buying patterns on Ravelry.

Great. There is absolutely no hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.