Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Knitting socks is way easier than I thought it would be.

I figured out the basics of sock knitting, and then taught myself how to knit socks. I taught myself how to knit using teeny-tiny DPNS. I taught myself how to handle bamboo needles. I taught myself how to do short rows, and therefore teaching myself how to turn the heel of a sock.

Whoever spread the rumor that turning the heel is scary and hard? It isn't. It's easy and totally entertaining that as you knit it forms this pocket for your heel. It's totally cool and quick and easy and it's definitely my favorite part.

(By the way, I'm about 5 rows away fro finished the heel of my first sock ever. It's top notch, really. They're going to fit perfectly, I can tell.)

~~~

I keep going to A Good Yarn every day or 2. This is ruining my budget for things like shampoo and food. Craaaaaaaap. Must. Acquire. Self. Control. Noooooooooooow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.