Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I love Elann




My shipment finally came in! I got 5 skeins of yarn, 16" US 6 needles, 2 cable needles (one for backup), and a copy of the holy Knitting Without Tears.


The caramel colored yarn is Elann Superwash Bamboo, and the blueish-purple is Elann Peruvian Highland Wool.

The bamboo (blend) is ridiculously soft, and the wool is a bit scratchy, but the color is stunning. My camera isn't doing it any justice, but believe me, it's beautiful(It's periwinkle, btw).

-

I picked up some organic cotton from Joann('s) in a pretty blue and I'm knitting it up into a roll-brim hat. I've still made no progress on Serpentina, I'm in slacker mode. And the EOSOD is in it's perpetual state of being slightly less than half-done and obnoxiously colored.

My skeins of Berroco still haven't told me what they want to be, and my Malabrigo is sitting there looking a bit unloved. I am slowly coming to terms with just how picky yarn can be. I may want to make a slouchy beret with the Malabrigo, but no one said the Malabrigo would cooperate. It didn't cooperate, by the way. And now it's looking like it would make such a pretty neck warmer, and the slouchy beret is just so much more suited for the Peruvia. I'm pretty much determined that wool that is too itchy to touch the skin but too pretty not to be worn shall be made into a hat! It's a fantastic plan since now I have 3 sets of 16' circulars (the perfect size for hats).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.