Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh, the joys of the winter season.

Once upon a time I asked my friend Lauren what she'd like for a Christmas gift if I were to knit her anything (excluding an afghan or a sweater) she wanted. She wanted fingerless mitts. Bright orange fingerless mitts with a bright blue thumb. I've been looking and looking and finally found a pattern that I think she'll enjoy wearing and I will enjoy knitting for her. Here it is. I figure I'll just swap out the orange for the blue when it comes to the thumb shaping and it'll be all good.

That will be a perfect gift for Lauren, it'll definitely suit her personality.

~~~
I made my first-ever knitting birthday present for my friend Sami. A simple stockinette beanie with ribbed edging. I put it on the back burner and finally started it late Monday afternoon. No problem, I'd get it done in time.. but wait, her birthday is on Wednesday, that's only a day and a half to knit this hat.. Shoot.

Oh well. I did finish it, and she did love it, I just had to drink half a pot of coffee and pull an all-nighter last night so currently I am way burned out.

I'm glad she loved it. I figure I'll knit her a matching something to go with it for Christmas and it'll be a perfect gift for her.

~~~

Well.. that covers Lauren and Sami. That's only 2/3 of my best-buds group. Kim, the other third, is a treat I might add. She tells me she doesn't want a knitted gift, and then she tells me she does, and then goes back to looking disgusted by the idea of it. I'm not sure if I want to knit her anything because I don't know what she'd actually use or like (and it helps a lot that she won't tell me) or if I should just buy her a book of ghost stories and an industrial-sized bag of red Skittles and maybe a lifetime membership to Taco Bell or something.

If I do knit her something, she will love it, or she better pretend to love it when I'm around or I'll cry.

~~~

Okay, so uhhh.. Any want to help me out here: Where the hell did October go? October was my buffer month for the holiday knitting I need to accomplish and it's gone. And November is whipping by and December is not long enough and I am starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I might not get everything done in time.. Oooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.