Creative title, no? I'm a teenage girl who enjoys knitting. A lot. Even more than I love knitting, I love shopping online. Put those two together and you get my bank account laughing at me and lots of yarn and pretty knitting-related stuff. It's pretty great.. the majority of the time.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mmmmm.

I was on a plane today. A 3 hour plane ride, actually, from Iowa to Arizona. 3 hours of sitting requires a few things:

Yarn, a small project (such as a bright blue hat on circular needles), water, food, and my ipod. That's all a girl ever really needs.. Except for maybe a full-sized restroom where she could wash her hands frequently because the feeling of grimy-airport-hands is disgusting to a MAX.


"Hey, I might as well take a picture (very coyly) of my mom playing with her phone and making a very attractive face."


"Heh, nice. Wait, wait a minute.. there's a woman in the background. Waaaaait a minute. She looks like she's doing something crafty.."


Yeah, my attempt at a "better shot" just included this months' issue of Women's Health with Ashlee Simpson looking gorgeous. Nice, but not what I was aiming for.


Here we go, the killer picture (that was poorly executed and slightly blurry). A knitter, a fellow knitter, sitting (ironically) in the same isle as me. I swelled with pride. I discovered that she was using these needles and this yarn in the Tomate colorway.. I think. not sure. I know it was Berocco from the tag, and it was thin like maybe a sock yar, or a sport wieght... So Peruvia seemed like an option, because even though it's listed as a worsted weight, that's so hardcore BS that I'm not even going into it right now. If Berocco Peruvia is worsted weight, then I'm a size 2. HAH!

Anyways, yeah, fellow knitter. My mom was chuckling at how amused I was. I was more amused at how well her 4 year-old son (hidden next to her) was behaving, sitting (mostly) quietly either watching a movie or doing his "homework" while she quietly knitting away on her totally beautiful scarf that my picture does not do justice because blackberry cameras suuuuuuuck.

Yeah, so, knitters on a plane. Two of us, in the same isle, it was destiny.



My mom and I got off the plane and went to head home in our truck, which, of course, didn't start because the car-fates loathe me and are out to get me on a pretty constant basis. (While we thought we'd need a rental car to get home, the car-fates brought NASCAR into town and thus a bunch of fans who quickly ate up every single rental car available in Phoenix. Yes, every single one, it was pretty astonishing. Nicely done, car-fates, nice work.) We then spent 2 hours waiting for a tow-truck-guy to come get the car when it reality all he needed to do was spend 20 minutes recharging the battery enough to get us home. And he did, and in the span of 4 hours that it took us to get home (when it only should've taken us an hour and a half) I got no knitting done. Yeah, I know, none. It was strange. I just listened to my ipod and slept. i was to tired to knit. I know.. strange concept.


Anyways, like the hat? I'm going to fold up the bottom part of the brim to keep my ears toasty and besides that, it's your typical regularly-scheduled simple ribbed-brim hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love a lot of things. I love Jesus, and I love my friends. I love boys, and I really love to knit. I'm your typical (but not so typical) teenage girl.